Finding it hard settling back in after you visited your family and friends in your home/passport country for the holidays? Here are a few tips I came up with to help you to get back on track.
1. Keep busy, plan the weeks to come and set a small goal for each day.
2. Meet up with friends who also just returned from their home country and compare your experiences.
3. Acknowledge your feelings and take time to grief, but don't make any drastic decisions (like "I want to move back home" or "I am never going home again").
4. Think of positive things in your host country. Make plans to visit some of the things you haven't seen or go back to your favorite place.
5. Think of things that were stressful during your home visit and how you can change this with your next visit (Did you have enough time for yourself in between all the visits and driving back and forth?).
6. Recognize that relationships back home may have changed, not worse just different. Accept the fact that some relationships may have become more distant, some closer.
Have a good first week!